Sateliot is a Barcelona-based Startup in the New Space sector, becoming the first satellite telecommunications operator that will provide global and continuous connectivity to all the elements that will make up the massive Internet of Things (IoT) universe under the 5G protocol.
Being in Sateliot means that you will be part of one the fastest-growing start-ups in Spain with global reach along getting into the challenging world of New Space & Telecommunication. Our culture is based on embracing openness and a free exchange of ideas.
We provide work schedule flexibility, so that you can reconcile your personal and professional life. Expect some coaching and learning inside a dynamic team, which is currently building up, you will work side to side with senior experienced people.
Check out our latest open posiontions, send us your updated CV, let's embark on a new journey together!
Senior Space Systems Engineer in Barcelona
We are looking for an individual willing to face the challenges of a fast-growing space telecom startup. The right candidate should show a great dose of curiosity, attention to detail and teamwork capacity. Satellite project involves international suppliers that require flexibility to cooperate with different work cultures.
The main duties would be as follows:
• To work as part of a team to perform mission and system design for future Sateliot constellation
• Calculate performance metrics out of simulation environment
• Analyze mission trade off
• Estimate costs
• System level design of space, and potentially ground segments, including requirements analysis, sensitivity analysis, mission analysis and design trade-offs
• To work as part of a team in the production of concepts of operations for Sateliot’s missions
• Support generation of presentation and technical reports in cooperation with Sateliot’s partners adapted to technical, non-technical and executive audience.
• To improve systems engineering practices and support establishing the fundamentals of a space systems engineering team
If you have a BSc in Engineering, (preferably space related), Physics or Maths, with proven experienced as a spacecraft Systems Engineer (Minimum 3 years), STK or similar space mission simulation software proficiency and knowledge of at least a scripting language, preferably Python, then you would be a valid candidate for this position. We need excellent English proficiency, particularly written.
We expect you to have experience in requirements and verification management, as well as good knowledge or awareness of orbit analysis, constellation configurations, RF link analysis, system budgets, operations, ground segment, space environment and satellite mechanical and electrical architectures.
We need an analytical engineer proven experience supporting space projects from phase 0 to phase E/F. It would be a plus if you also have a communication systems background and engineering exposure (specially on 3GPP and 5G technologies) and a master degree in related field. If you also are a maker or electronics hobbyist, we definitely want to meet you.