Sateliot is a Barcelona-based Startup in the New Space sector, becoming the first satellite telecommunications operator that will provide global and continuous connectivity to all the elements that will make up the massive Internet of Things (IoT) universe under the 5G protocol.
Being in Sateliot means that you will be part of one the fastest-growing start-ups in Spain with global reach along getting into the challenging world of New Space & Telecommunication. Our culture is based on embracing openness and a free exchange of ideas.
We provide work schedule flexibility, so that you can reconcile your personal and professional life. Expect some coaching and learning inside a dynamic team, which is currently building up, you will work side to side with senior experienced people.
Check out our latest open posiontions, send us your updated CV, let's embark on a new journey together!
3GPP RF RESEARCH ENGINEER in BARCELONA (m/f)
Your mission will be to support Sateliot into the 3GPP RF working group for their 5G IoT satellite constellation! To ensure the success of the design and implementation of the RF systems, you will be in charge of the 3GPP requirements analisis, 3GPP requirements definition, contribution to 3GPP specially in RAN4, design technical solution compliant with 3GPP requirements and lead implementation phase of this RF requirements into the Sateliot eNB firmware, eNB HW including the Physical layer, antenna, RF front-end and Protocol Stack.
On the other hand, these 3GPP requirements can impact the UE development, in this case, the candidate will be involved in RF Module definition with third party vendors to lead the relation and be sure their development will be compliant with 3GPP and Sateliot eNB.
If you have a Master degrees and PhD/Doctorates, Electrical/Telecommunication Engineering or similar, and minimum 3 years of proven experience in a similar role in the 3GPP working in a mobile vendor, chip vendor, RF module vendor, then this is your opportunity!
We expect you to have knowledge in RF design with technical understanding of radio technologies (3GPP), as well as good problem-solving skills and a flair for understanding the space impairments in LEO constellations.
You will be the perfect fit if you have hands-on knowledge technical expertise within a service and technical environment with a demanding, fast-paced and under pressure environment.
We are looking for a strong enthusiastic team player with leadership skills, who is proactive and independent, knows how to manage time and pay attention to details and has great written & verbal communication skills. A Proficiency English level is a must!
RF and Embedded Systems Engineer
We are looking for a RF and Embedded Systems Engineer in order to build and maintain the Software Defined Radio subsystem of its 5G IoT satellite constellation.
Your will be to ensure the success of the design and implementation of the RF systems, including:
• Simulate and Model the RF hardware for communication systems
• Antennas, embedded system on chip and RF chain
• Define hardware architecture and specifications for the RF system blocks, interfaces, MMIC’s
• End-to-end design validation and testing of RF product performance
• Lead and conduct troubleshooting or root cause hardware performance challenges
• BSc degree in Electrical Engineering or Telecommunication Engineering, and we highly value Master degrees and PhD/Doctorate.
• Knowledgeable in RF design with technical understanding of radio technologies: cellular connectivity, GPS
• Familiarity with RF schematic and PCB layout best practices and guidelines.
• Good problem solving skills and a flair for understanding the physics of radiated noise coupling mechanisms
• Hands on knowledge of general purpose RF test equipment
• Minimum 3 years of proven experience in a similar role in the space industry
• Technical expertise within a service and technical environment with a demanding, fast-paced and under pressure environment
• Written and verbal communication skills
• Strong leadership capabilities and enthusiastic team player.
• Proactive, independent, adaptability and team-working skills
• Time management and attention to details
• Proficiency English level
Network Senior Engineer in Barcelona (m/f)
Your mission will be designing and implementing new network solutions on Sateliot infrastructures, as well as improving the efficiency of current networks.
Your main functions will be:
• Installing, configuring and supporting network equipment. That will include routers, proxy servers, switches, WAN accelerators, DNS and DHCP.
• Procuring network equipment and managing subcontractors involved with network installation.
• Configuring firewalls, routing and switching to maximize network efficiency and security. In this sense, you will be also in charge of maximizing network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting. Also, routing configuration between mobile operators!
• Updating network equipment to the latest firmware releases & arranging scheduled upgrades.
• Reporting network status to key stakeholders & investigating faults in the network.
• Roaming & Roaming hub infrastructure configuration | IPX & Autonomous System
If you have a BSc in Computer Science / Computer Software / Computer Systems Engineering (or similar) and demonstrated experience in Network Design & Implementation and in a similar job with wide area networks infrastructures, this position might be perfect for you!
We highly value an expert cisco certification (DevNet, Service Provider, Data Center, Security), as well as deep experience in MPLS/VPLS, VPN technologies, BGP, RIPE and IP pool management, DNS and DHCP for wide area networks.
We need an analytical and quick-learner engineer that is familiar with AWS environment for cloud network devices implementation and operations, who has great time-management skills, ability to follow processes, and strong documentation & communication skills (written and verbal). It’s also important that you have commercial & business awareness.
Embedded Hardware Engineer in Barcelona
Your mission will be to design and develop the required hardware and prototypes needed according to the company’s purpose. Your main functions will be:
• Selection of components, designing PCBs, designing and performing hardware tests, selection of components, designing PCBs making custom testing tools, proposing the best compatible Hardware SDRs, designing other related hardware needed like test benches and product casing, and writing production software.
• Review and understand technical and product specifications and industry standards regarding technical requirements (materials, qualification, and performance requirements) of the product.
• Development of security requirements and design validation methodologies (DVM).
• Give support to the manufacturing of designs through assembly and purchasing groups.
• Optimization of product performance requirements, cost, and reliability.
• Maintain design documentation as it relates to CMMI, ISO, IRIS, IEEE, EN and Faiveley WPT best practices and mandatory requirements.
• Development of software security specifications and static and dynamic software tools as needed.
• Automotive Functional Safety requirements
• FPGA development tools from Altera & Xilinx
• ARM, ATEX & EX standards
• Proven experience in DIY and with Analog and digital circuit design
• Assembly & C languages and reading datasheets and Schematics & Circuit design.
• Microcontroller architectures
• Circuit debugging
• PCB designing
• Electrical engineering
• JTAG for production and testing (Effective use of tools like Multimeters, Spectroscopes, Oscilloscopes and Soldering)
If you have a BSc degree in Electrical/Telecommunication/Computer Engineering or similar, and minimum of 3-5 years of proven experience in a similar role and industry, then this is your opportunity! Master degrees and Ph.D/Doctorates are a huge plus.
We expect you to have knowledge of IoT LPWAN integration, experience and good comprehension of Embedded Hardware Architectures and periphery (SPI, IIC, Displays, Memory. With good understanding of data acquisition systems and communication protocols (CAN, HART, UART, Fieldbus suite), as well as good problem-solving skills.
We are looking for a great communicator able to interact with different teams (Product, technical…), who is proactive and independent, knows how to manage time and pays attention to details. A Proficiency English level is a must! Excellent analytical and organizational skills are required, as well as resolutive skills to develop solutions for technical issues.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
Being in Sateliot means that you will be part of one of the fastest-growing start-ups in Spain with global reach along with getting into the challenging world of New Space & Telecommunication. Our culture is based on embracing openness and a free exchange of ideas.
We offer a permanent contract with remuneration accordingly to the candidate profile, with a flexible compensation package. Also, we provide work schedule flexibility, so that you can reconcile your personal life with the professional one. Coaching and learning inside a dynamic team, which is currently building up, you will work side to side with senior experienced people.
Junior Engineer Product Associate in Barcelona
ABOUT THE ROLE
Your mission will be to assist in the product definition, both supporting in the formulation of the scope of work in different projects that support product architecture, as well as driving the product roadmap.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders within the technical and commercial domains to deliver product goals.
• Explore and collaborate with Ecosystem players across the industry to deliver the product roadmap.
• Assist in gathering requirements cross-domain, with ecosystem players and with end customers to deliver product value.
• Assist in establishing industry forums to support the ecosystem for supporting product growth and development.
• Assist in building capability and capacity enhancement for the Sales channel.
• Product management essentials and methodologies and Product lifecycle management.
• Good knowledge of the IoT Ecosystem and IoT Domain.
• Good understanding of IT system stack and of Satellite communication technologies.
• Good knowledge of 3GPP Mobile communication architecture and data flow.
• Good knowledge of Billing systems and middleware stack.
• Good knowledge of Mobile data communication protocols and of IT/ mobile data security.
If you have a BSc degree in Electrical/Telecommunication/Computer Engineering or similar, and a minimum of 1-2 years of proven experience in a similar role and industry, then this is your opportunity!
We are looking for a go-getter, a great communicator able to interact with different teams (Commercial, technical, Regulatory, and Operations…), who is proactive and independent, who knows how to manage time and who pays attention to details. A Proficiency English level is a must! Excellent analytical and organizational skills are required, as well as resolutive skills to develop solutions for technical issues.
R+D ENGINEER in BARCELONA (m/f)
Your mission will be to lead the R+D grants projects (both at a local and European level), engaging with stakeholders, designing and drafting the deliverables related, and defending the projects if needed before the commission.
You will be the key point of contact between the R+D funding team and the Technology Department, to ensure the success of every project. Your main functions will be:
• Project conceptualization once we have identified the R&D calls to which we will apply
• Drafting of the documentation (for which it will be necessary to coordinate with different departments)
• Defense of the project when required
• All work related to the justification of the project during its execution.
If you have a BSc and PhD in Telecommunications Engineering, with knowledge on 3GPP contents and procedures, and with 3-5 of experience in drafting projects in both English and Spanish, then you would be a valid candidate for this position. Demonstrated participation in ESA Calls will also be a plus.
We need an analytical engineer with strong documentation & communication skills (written and verbal), proactive, and eager to be part of a unique and disruptive project.